4/09/2007

Facebook is killing my blogging world

I should say this is really Jamie, not Eric, even thought this post will sound very Ericesque. This is my theory -- Facebook is killing my network of bloggers. That's right...I am calling all of you out. You know who you are!!! Facebook is cheap, easy, and convenient (I know I'm a hypocrite because I use it too). You can slap little cute wall posts like "How are you" "What's going on" "Miss you" that requires no effort or detailed thought. Or then there is the "Inform people of your current status" thing. I'll play along for the purpose of this post... "Jamie is currently ticked because no one blogs anymore." The ultimate facebook feature -- "poke." What does it mean when someone pokes me? If I poke them back, they retaliate with a 2nd poke. When does the poking cease??? I miss your blogs. I miss hearing your heart, your thoughts, your views, your passions, and your quirky, random stories. Arise bloggers, and type again. The world awaits you (not just your confirmed friends)!

5 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I believe both are slowly killing the "old fashioned" heart to heart, coffee-house-chats, which is a larger tradegy by far.

 
At 6:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no idea what Facebook is, but would have to agree that, because I have been spending quite a bit of time "communicating" in forums and blogs lately, sometimes I don't feel like calling a friend or my sisters as often as I would otherwise. I just want to dive into a good book for some alone time.

On the other hand, an acquaintance called my husband last Saturday and they went to a coffee shop and talked about the Lord for a couple of hours.

So...we can stand against that spirit that wants to kill intimacy, in Jesus' name!

PS I call my sisters and friends anyway, because I love them, bless the Lord.

www.harvestministry.us

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Tara said...

I had this exact thought two days ago--but it was about myself, not anyone else. I haven't blogged in over a month, and it's because I feel so connected on facebook...

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Eric said...

You do realize that now that you made this comment you need to back it up by blogging consistantly?

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger mike said...

Ha, love it! So true. I've never quite understood the point of the whole poke thing either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home